Wednesday, March 21

Ahh Monster Novels :)

So I wanted to mention this book that I read a while back:

Beast House, by Richard Laymon

First off one of the greatest horror writer's I've ever had the privilege of reading. The way he defines his characters and leads you through their adventures, building up the suspense and the fear and finally climaxing with a face to face battle with the beast.. I never want to put his books down. using a language that is not only powerfully compelling, but also intelligently composed. He writes in such a way that he only says just enough when describing a scene or situation, leaving the viewer to use their own imagination to fill in the details.
Now, as for the monster in this book? Well... the most notable thing I can tell you that scared the shit outta me had to be the set of fanged teeth on his monster dick. Vagina dentate eat your heart out! The monster was basically a huge furry beast who had the hots for all the females and would just slaughter the males who crossed his path. I'm not giving it justice, but holy hell when I read it it freaked me out!
Fantastic book!

No comments:

Post a Comment