Taking a look at the classic monsters that have haunted our sleep for centuries....
Tuesday, April 10
Van Helsing: the movie :)
Okay, so there are so many thins right about this move, and yet, sooo many major parts that are wrong. First off.. it's ABRAHAM Van Helsing... not Gabriel. For the longest time I wondered why I was so confused when I heard that name and as soon as it dawned on me, I can't let it go. Secondly, THOSE ACCENTS!! Jesus christ Kate Beckinsale sounds like the Count from Sesame Street! I mean.. I know that it probably does resemble the Romanian accent.. but good lord it's annoying! Third.. why the hell is Dracula so effeminate?! He's like a gay man trapped in a bad ass's character! He's just so cheesy and girlie! I wouldn't be afraid of him if it was him next to Gary Oldman.. no freakin way! And Oldman would kick the shit out of his pansy ass! Now as for the good parts? The teaming up of the Frankenstein tale and the Dracula tale... golden! I love the fact that (insert story writer here) decided that for when Drac and his ladies got jiggy with it, their offspring were dead! because... vampires are dead!!! So clearly, since Frankenstein is the 'key to life' he would be the only one who can bring those little goblins to life!! And I like that they brought in the werewolves because Drac thought that since they had 'stronger blood' they'd be able to withstand the ..operation? so that the children could live. Speaking of the werewolves.. the transformation of the were super awesome as well! They ripped off their skin!!! And not to forget.. Carl <3 All around a great movie, even with it's little quirks :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment